Ack! Just called over to Mom's and she says "I'm already starting to dither." Yikes! I hadn't planned on that until 1:00 p.m. today. Not sure what is going on, one of the brothers is already there with his family. Niece #2 didn't show up to see how to fix the turkey, maybe that's it. Anyway, I have a pumpkin pie in the oven now, but when it gets done I'll pack up and head over there and see what's going on. We oldest sisters do have our duties cut out for us some days . . . keeping Mom from dithering is at the top of the list.
We do Christmas well, we're still trying to work out Thanksgiving. One year I actually had to come home before the meal, get a slug of vodka (Mom is a teetotaler), breathe deeply for a few minutes, and head back. But there will be good moments. . . Playing the "I'm thankful game . . . " at the table for one. (I forgot to start it one year: oldest nephew remembered and it made me glad we had started that tradition.) We also play a pass the gifts game to the tune of the "ands" in Night Before Christmas. I get to get rid of some shopping mistakes I've made through the year in that one. (Yes, it's true. My name is Shirl and I'm a shopaholic."
So wishing you a splendid Thanksgiving (for those of you in the States celebrating it) and a splendid day for those not. And hopefully we can all stay out of the Vodka bottle. (Unless that was part of the plan.)
See ya!